Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday Story- Popular vs. Friendship


Popular vs. Friendship

Posted: 10/16/2012
This is not a thing I like to share because, well, this is something I'll regret for the rest of my life.
I'm fat, like, not really fat but I do not have the body most girls would like to have. My first whole year of elementary I got called by names and it was not pretty, you could say I was getting bullied, I hate it that they called me fat, I just couldn't stand it, I had friends, but i wasn't enough.
A year later my friend, Luz, enter my school and I was so happy someone like me was there, but then the weirdest thing happened, I was with the in-crowd, the popular crowd, the one place I thought I could never be a part of. But there was a price. There always Is. It was lunch and Luz had already made a friend so I sat with the group, that's when I heard the comments they were saying, I might have been their target last year but this year..... It was HER. They were calling her awful names, names they used to call me, one of them say it so loud the WHOLE classroom heard, they started laughing. I was shocked. She started crying and left, and they were watching me, expectantly, like I might go after her. A true friend would. She would have gone after her careless of the world. That's the thing. I didn't. I laughed.
3rd grade I was on the top. My life changed. But not hers. She was alone, and I just watched the whole time like....like.... I didn't care. I saw what she went through, what I went through and I didn't do anything. She left. She hated me.
I'm in 8th grade now and I tell you that being a bystander and doing nothing to help another victim is awful, the sad truth is that I was bullying somehow. By not doing anything to stop it I was an attacker. Everything I went through was awful, but what she went through is worse. I hate myself for not stoping them, but you can do it, if you have a friend being bullied or you just see someone you don't know being bullied, don't hesitate on saying something.
Friendship is more important than anything. And loyalty more.

No comments:

Post a Comment