It's Baseball Season!!! That means it's also Boo Boo, Ouchy, Scrapes, Cuts, Oh My........Season
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of beeswax (find a local beekeeper to get good local beeswax)
- 1/3 cup of calendula flowers
- 15 drops of melaleuca (add 10 drops for older children) I use doTerra or Biodynamically grown Tree Tea Oil.
- 15 drops of lavender (add 10 drops for older children) I use doTerra
1. Put the coconut oil and olive oil in a clean saucepan. Melt the coconut oil.
2. Add the calendual flower petals (dried) and simmer on low for around 2 hours. Make sure to stir a few times during the process. You can also add the oil and calendula to a crock-pot and put on low for 3 hours. ( I use the crock-pot method)
3. Strain the mixture into a bowl through a clean cheesecloth.
4. Now add the calendula oil back to the saucepan and add the beeswax. Melt the beeswax
5. Remove from heat and let cool for around 15 minutes.
6. Add the essential oils and stir.
7. Pour into a glass jar and store for a year.
This makes 1 cup.
Always Always remember to check with a trained medical professional when using any medicine.