One of the Mamas found on Pintrest Blessing Bags. I thought this was a brilliant idea. Over the holiday season the Viking Kiddos learned about various Saints who were inspirations for giving and charity. You can re-read the post here.
The Blessing Bags are perfect to have on hand to give to someone who is in need; specially the homeless.
This is how to make one:
Gallon size Ziplock bags
Items to go in the bags, such as:
- chap stick
- packages of tissues (Kleenex)
- toothbrush and toothpaste
- trail mix
- granola bars
- pack of gum
- band aids
- coins (could be used to make a phone call, or purchase a food item)
- hand wipes
- warm pair of socks
- gift cards for food like McDonalds or Starbucks.
- A note of encouragement/blessings
- An envelope with stamp and a few sheets of paper for a letter home.
Assemble all the items in the bags. Seal the bags and keep in your car for the moment you need them.
At any store there is always a bin with travel size items that are not very expensive which are the perfect size for this Blessing Bags.
Random Act of Kindness Challenge--- Are you brave enough to make your own Blessing Bags and hand them out in your community?