Thursday, March 22, 2012

Positive Phrases- A Student's Assignment

It amazes me on a daily basis how little my students understand what positive and affirming phrases and how they relate to them in daily life.
At the begining of the week I asked my student to look for a list of positive phrases that related to her and her family.

This is what she came up with in her list.

1. " Be yourself, who else is better qualified."- Frank J. Giblin

2. " Never give up."

3. " Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean." - Unknown

4." If you take yourself out of the game you will never succeed."

5. " Never let anyone tell you that you can't do something, not even yourself."

I really liked the last one. My student has a defective heart and failing liver. She was told a while back that she would never graduate from high school because she wouldn't live that long. She will be walking with the Class of 2012 this June.


No comments:

Post a Comment