Thursday, November 1, 2012

Current Projects


I have fallen in love with knitting and crocheting. I have been weaving since I was twelve and I could needle point and cross stitch by ten. But, knitting and crocheting is a whole new world.


I am also a self proclaimed Fiber-holic. 
"Hi Viking Mom! Welcome to Fiber-holic Anonymous."
My Raverly username is Knitting Viking Mom.

Last year for Christmas gifts I knitted and crocheted hats for family members. They were a huge hit! You can read about them here



Current Projects: 

The Zombie/Vampire Scarf


I think any teenager would love having dripping blood come off their neck. Or use bright neon green and it becomes zombie venom. You can get an idea what the current obsession is on our Homestead.

This pattern can be found in Vampire Knits: Projects to Keep You Knitting from Twilight to Dawn by Genevieve Miller. Her blog site is here

Countess Bathory "Romantic" Scarf

Sssh! Don't tell my Sister that this... maybe... her possibly... I don't know yet... Christmas gift......

I am also making one for myself. After several dozen projects for other people I realized I hadn't done anything for me. 

This pattern can also be found in Vampire Knits: Projects to Keep You Knitting from Twilight to Dawn by Genevieve Miller.




An unexpected surprise I learned this year is that 5th Graders in the Waldorf Schools learn to knit socks. 

First set of socks!

I have two pairs of socks going right now. One is called the Frog in the Swamp socks. It is a green and pink variegation. As a skein it looked pretty. Knitted together it looks like something a frog would sit on in the middle of the swamps. It is also super fine. Viking Dad had to make new knitting needles for me out of coat hangers to accommodate the fineness. 

The second pair is simple wool socks. 
The patterns for these socks come from this awesome book. 
Getting Started Knitting Socks has easy directions, explanations and great pictures. The tip sections are incredibly valuable.



Frankenstein Socks

What do you do with left over yarn?

 Make Frankenstein Socks.









Bless Bless




No comments:

Post a Comment