Words in purple are my changes to the recipe.
- 2/3 cup plain Greek style yogurt (1/3 cup coconut cream/milk)
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- Kosher salt (Himalayan salt)
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter, divided (2 Tbs ghee)
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 3 Tbs chopped leek (white and pale green parts only)
- 2 Tbs chopped scallion ( white and pale green parts only.)
- 10 cups fresh spinach (10 ozs)
- 1 Tsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 large eggs ( Farm Fresh Organic Free Range Chicken Eggs)
- 1/4 tsp kirmizi biber (Turkish Chili Poweder), or 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes and a pinch of paprika (omitted. Chili and Paprika are members of the Night Shade family which can be difficult in some to process . Used Red Peppercorn instead)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh oregano.
- Mix yogurt (coconut cream/milk), garlic, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Melt 1 Tbs butter (ghee) with olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add leek and scallion; reduce heat to low. Cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Add spinach and lemon juice; season with salt. Increase heat to medium-high; cook, turning frequently until wilted, 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer spinach mixture to 10" skillet, leaving any excess liquid behind. If using 2 smaller skillets, divide spinach mixtures equally between skillets. Make 4 deep indentations in center of spinach in large skillet or 2 indentation in each small skillet. Carefully, break 1 egg into each hollow, taking care to keep yolks intact. Bake until egg whites are set, 10-15 minutes.
- Melt remaining 1 Tbs butter (ghee) in a small saucepan over medium- low heat. Add kirmizi biber and a pinch of salt and cook until butter starts to foam and browned bits at bottom of pan, 1-2 minutes. Add oregano and cook for 30 seconds longer. Remove garlic halves from yogurt; discard. Spoon yogurt over spinach and eggs. Drizzle with spiced butter. Ghee is already clarified butter so you won't need to wait for the browned bits to form. You want the spices to infuse into the butter, like a sauce.
- Serve and Eat.
Eat Well, Be Healthy