All except a few of the leading brand hand sanitizers and soaps are alcohol based and it is that alcohol that is made of wheat.... Yes, they are not gluten free!!!!
Recently, I found two companies that are gluten free!
1. Clean Well Check out their website here
2. California Baby Check out their website here.
For the brave of heart. Try out this gluten free and paleo hand sanitizer. Our Viking Grandmothers knew a few things about herbs.
- 4 ounce glass bottle. Essential oils can break down plastic.
- water- I use filtered rain water but you can use purified water. Just don't use tap water.
- Organic Witch Hazel
- 2 teaspoon of Fractionated coconut oil. (Vitamin E is actually wheat germ and is not gluten free)
- 25 drops of doTerra OnGuard Essential Oil ( Not all essential oils are gluten free so double check the brands if you can't find doTerra.)
- 10 drops of doTerra Lemon Essential Oil
- Fill bottle up half way with water
- Add the fractionated coconut oil
- Add the essential oils
- Top off with Witch Hazel
- Shake before each use!
To purchase doTerra essential oils or learn more about doTerra check out Paleo Mama store here. doTerra is worth the expense and the peace of mind.