Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Random Act of Kindness- How to Stay Kind in the Face of Rejection.



Believe it or not even this Viking Mom struggles with rejection. Today, I attempted a Random Act of Kindness towards a co-worker. You can imagine my surprise when she rejected the motion and proceeded to go on temper tantrum level tirade. 

What to do? 

I started to search my favorite sites to answer this question. 
How does one respond to a rejected act of kindness? Especially, when we as parents are trying to model positive behaviors to our children?

I know it is tough to smile and carry on. Isn't that a song? But, a harsh word is like squeezing all the toothpaste out of the tube and then trying to figure out how to put it back into the tube. 

At www.helpothers.org there are free Random Acts of Kindness cards called Smile Cards. In moments like today the author of the site recommends to pass on these cards. I think small tokens of kindness show people that we still care despite the negatively. 

Fun
Carry On!!





No comments:

Post a Comment