Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Random Act of Kindness Tuesday



Last night I heard about the tragic shooting in Ohio. My heart goes out to the families of both the injured but also the survivors.
There is a Motivational Speaker who was inspired to act after the Columbine High School shooting. She remembers what it was like to be bullied as a child and speaks from that point of view to school age students. She wants to help prevent future tragedies like Columbine High School. She was interviewed on the news last night about her work. She said something really powerful to her audience that caught my attention. She said that most people are focused on the harsh words people say to each other but forget to say the kind words too.

Here is my challenge:
When you are the check out stand, coffee shop, or leaving your office et al... say, "Have a good day" after saying, "Thank you."

That is my Random Act of Kindness today.....

No comments:

Post a Comment